We’re just a month out from what’s sure to be a historic presidential election. Check out the links below to get caught up before heading into the weekend.
- The United States suspended talks with Russia as the situation in Syria escalates following a failed ceasefire just weeks ago.
- Women’s U.S. chess star Nazi Paikidze is refusing to travel to Iran in February to participate in the Women’s World Chess Championship citing the country’s lack of respect for the basic rights of women.
- Liberalizing marijuana laws will be on ballots in nine states this upcoming November, with support continuing to grow as election day nears.
- Tennessee regulators are trying to block a health and beauty app for “highly disturbing” competition, because no good deed goes unpunished.
- It looks like we may have a new NSA whistleblower on our hands, after Reuters dropped the bombshell that Yahoo was scanning the contents of incoming emails for all Yahoo accounts.